Dear Members and Friends,
A reminder about the next screening to be held at 7pm Thursday 30 April at the Cyprus Community Club of NSW (58 Stanmore Rd, Stanmore).
The House of Cain (2000) 80’ (Dir. Christos Karakepelis)
A journey into the dark inner world of seven convicted murderers. Korydallos prison inmates reveal themselves through confessional stories of contrition over acts committed in moments of rage or mental disturbance. Through the interiors of the prison, courts, morgue and other sites, this powerful documentary takes us deep into the conscience of damaged men and women. A haunting sound track by Thanos Mikroutsikos compliments this outstanding work.
Awards – Distinctions
- First Prize at Nyon International Documentary Festival “Visions du Reèl” (Switzerland)
- Audience Award at Munich International Documentary Festival
- FIPRESCI prize at Thessaloniki International Film Festival
- Best Greek Film Award by the Panhellenic Union of Film Critics
- 2nd prize at Kalamata International Documentary Festival
- The film participated at Berlinale’s “Forum” and in many other festivals all over the world.
Screenings are open to all and membership is required at the following rates: minimum membership fee (with one-off screening): $5, 3 month membership: $10, 6 month membership: $20, annual membership: $35.
Meals ($12) are available from 6pm at the Cyprus Community Club restaurant. Free parking available.